On Tuesday 23rd January 2024, Year 2 will be discussing the NSPCC’s Underwear Rule in our PSHE lesson.
During these discussions we will aim to teach our pupils important personal safety skills without giving explicit information or telling scary stories. We will be teaching our pupils through the NSPCC’s ‘PANTS’ program. During this lesson the children will learn the following personal safety skills,
- Privates are where your swimming costume would go
- Always remember your body belongs to you
- No means no
- Talk about secrets that upset you
- Speak up, someone can help
The lessons will introduce a range of ideas, all delivered in a way that’s fully age-appropriate for KS1 pupils. These include:
- “appropriate” and “inappropriate” touching
- your child’s right to say no to things that make them feel upset or uncomfortable
- who your child can turn to if they ever feel upset or worried.
If you would like to know more about the NSPCC’s campaign and see how you can help keep your children safe in partnership with your child’s school, more information can be found at nspcc.org.uk/underwearrule
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
EVERY CHILDHOOD IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR
Year 2 Teachers