Our whole school revolves around developing children's spiritual, moral, social and cultural aspects. The children are taught about key personal values that will help them to be successful - respect, confidence, collaboration, communication, perseverance and enquiry.
We want the children to:
- know how to keep themselves safe (confidence)
- build strong friendships (respect, collaboration, communication)
- ask questions and demonstrate a 'love for learning' (enquiry & confidence)
- want to try new experiences (enquiry & confidence)
- be able to face new challenges and not give up (confidence & perseverance)
- be able to work as part of a team (respect & collaboration)
- use language appropriately in different contexts (communication & confidence)
Some children demonstrate a very caring and nurturing personality and there are a number of opportunities in school that have been specifically developed for children who want to help others.
Children are asked to put themselves forwards to be elected as a class Student Councillor. The class votes for the person that they believe might be best able to communicate and negotiate with others effectively, as well as someone who has good ideas to help all of us in school.
Children can apply and if selected can become a Buddy. They are able to help younger children at lunchtimes and breaks, by talking to them and playing games. Our Buddies are very helpful, and the younger children think they are brilliant!